Dr. Steven Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Kerner
Dr. Ted Kramer
Allergy drops is a safe and effective alternative to traditional allergy shots. The physicians at ENT and Allergy Associates in Trumbull, CT are experts in the diagnosis and management of allergy and treatment.
Who Should Take Allergy Drops?
Although most allergy sufferers can benefit from allergy drops, they’re especially ideal for people who can’t tolerate or don’t respond to allergy shots including:
• Infants and children*
• Highly sensitive people
• Those with chronic conditions including sinusitis
• People with food and mold allergies
• People with multiple allergies including dust, pollen and animals
(*please call ENT and Allergy Associates for further details on Allergy Management of Infants and Children.)
What are the advantages of allergy drops compared to allergy shots?
In addition to being able to treat patients of all ages safely and effectively, there are other advantages to allergy drops.
• Time commitment for allergy shots can start with weekly visits for 9-12 months.
• Time commitment for allergy drops includes the patient visits to the office every three months to checked to be sure the therapy is working and to pick up new solution.
• Convenience is the key to allergy drops. They can be taken at home or wherever you need to be, making it much easier to stay with your treatment. Allergy shots must be administered under direct physician supervision, in a doctor’s office.
Patients who take either allergy drops or allergy shots ultimately take less medication to control symptoms.
Are Allergy Drops Safe?
Allergy drops have been used around the world for more than 60 years and numerous studies validate both safety and effectiveness. In fact, the World Health Organization has endorsed allergy drops as a viable alternative to allergy shots. The Cochrane Collaboration, the world’s most-trusted international organization dedicated to reviewing healthcare treatments, recently concluded allergy drop immunotherapy significantly reduced allergy symptoms and use of allergy medications.
How long will I need to take my drops and how long can I expect the effects to last?
Most patient take allergy drops each day for as long as five years, but it varies according to the severity of your allergies and the seasonality. Most patients report improvement within 3-6 months; the soonest we have seen has been 2 weeks after starting treatment.
Please go to www.allergydrop-ct.com for even further information or just call ENT & Allergy Associates and talk directly with Drs Levine & Kerner’s staff to see if Allergy Drops are right for you.
ENT & Allergy Associates
160 Hawley Lane, Suite 202
Trumbull, CT 06611